Monday, December 05, 2005

Chumbalina's Party ... martinis are good.






Yes, Chumbie's party sat night...martinis are good! Of course, by the end of the night, Maria, Geoff, Al and I were dancing in the living room. Funny enough, I can't remember what music was playing. Highly enjoyable evening. Being the nice girl that I am (say: yes you are Stephanie), I brought an appy with me. The delightful bacon wrapped water chestnuts (or crestnuts as I was saying - that was only after 2 drinks!!yikes)... you put a toothpick in to hold the bacon around the chestnut. I did that. Unfortunately, I used menthol/minty toothpicks. Good god. I also brought a drink with me (Bacardi Razz from the LCBO website), and you put a few raspberries in the drink for decoration. Yep, my raspberries were a tad moldy. I know! Martha I am not. I get an A for effort tho right??!! So, had fun seeing the Chumley Bros...even if I momentarily got Rob & Craig mixed up...those damn Chumbies...they look so much alike. Steve and Jen Tsekrekos stopped by, good to see them always (and I'm not just saying that cause they read the blog!! :) ) Thanks to Geoff for letting me crash at your place - very nice of you :0 So, that was my wild n crazy night. Think we might be getting a tad too old to "kick'er down" like that ... recoop time is MUCH longer than it used to be. And, of course, can't eat the "recovery food" of McDonalds anymore...that would just make the situ much much worse!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you!!! I love martinis!!! but I pay big time the next morning....worth it I say!Had a chocotini last time we were in Chicago and it was delish but potent.....cute pics....looks like you had a fun day...L, Auntie B