Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Pink Eye strikes!

Phone call at 2pm on Monday : Hi Stephanie, it's Tanya from E's daycare, we need to you to come pick up E because we think he might have pink eye. Ugh. Then there was 1.5 hr of "waiting" (read of trying to keep a very active 3 yr old occupied in the waiting room without pissing off sick people waiting to see the dr.),at the clinic. When we finally got to the dr, he simply glanced at E and said, oh ya, thats pink eye allright. Then the 1/2 hr wait at Walmart for the prescription. E took off his shoes and socks and threw them out of the buggy. Good freakin God. Finally got home and after a time out in his bedroom for poor behaviour in Walmart that made mommy very upset, I put the drops in his eyes. 2 drops each eye 3 x a day for 7 days. The only way to get the eye drop job done is to lie him on the ground, put his head inbetween my legs, pin his arms under my legs and pry open his eyes which he has firmly closed. Of course he is screammmmming and kicking his legs around. Not even the promise of smarties can persuade this boy to let me put the drops in. Yeah, this is definitely going to mean 5 yrs of therapy for him as an adult!

His father picked him up at noon so I could go to work and tackle my 2 foot high paperwork. Insurance biz definitely is not paper friendly. Honestly, there is a tree worth of paper delievered to our office on a daily basis. I called E after work to see how he was> this was the conversation : "Hi E, Hi mommy, how are you baby, Good, mommy. What you doing mommy? I'm at work E, What you doing at work mommy? I'm processing policies. Why? Because people bought insurance from mommy. Coooool!!, mommy." Heh. if he only knew how uncool insurance was! But, at least I got a "cool" about my work. All I hear about is trains, trains, trains. His father is a conductor for CN Rail. And, to a little boy I guess that is the coolest job.

My eyes are itchy.....hope this is just 'sympathy' itch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenn said she read your blog and laughed at the despcription of holding E down. She had to take Jake to Dr for pinkeye and when he asked if Jenn thought she would have trouble getting drops in Jake's eyes......Big yes to that. They gave her oral meds. Take it longer but much easier. Never heard of oral meds for that before. NIce.......hang in there. Babysat for Jenn for about 3 hrs on MOn morning. She was up all night and NOT feeling good in the am. Took them to the mall and park and McD's to kill time. Jai was sick by Mon night and Jon by Tu.....feeling a little icky myself today.....FFFUUUUUNNNNNN. Jake is so excited about his cuzzie E coming to play and stay!! Double whammy.....Kristi Ry and gang arrive on Fri for the wkend. His old roommie is getting married. Take care L,Auntie B