Saturday, September 16, 2006

Bye Bye Summer?




E on the Labour Day weekend at the cottage. The weather was great on the friday, but was icky the rest of the weekend. :(
Went out last night for a friend of a friend's stagette. I didn't get picked up till 10:30pm! I almost didn't go out...I was so comfy in my jammies! Usually in bed by 10:30 , not going out at that time!! But, it was fun. As stagettes always are! We ended up at Joe Dog's on Brant St. They actually asked us for ID! We were all so happy. Most of the cliente were born in the 80's. GAWD. But, we were there kickn'er down till 1:30am!
E spend most of the afternoon throwing up. ick. Poor little guy...my poor couch. Yep, barfed ALL over it. I consulted a few people, then discovered the original invoice and ah ha! the "protection plan" for the couch! So, I called in a claim and they are going to send me a new cover for the one cushion in 8-12 weeks. After chatting with my neighbour Christiane, she advised she has a similar couch and had thrown the cushion cover in the wash on gentle after potty training incident years ago and it came out ok...Unable to stand the stench that was wafting in my family room from trying to "air out" the cushion, I threw the sucker in the wash. Looks ok now...just hang drying it. Fingers and toes crossed. Will see how it looks in the morning.
I have my bedroom and E's bedroom all rigged up with puke proofing. Towels on floors, mattresses covered with extra sheets. Hopefully, he sleeps thru the night without incident.
Oh, forgot to mention that I am 'babysitting' Jasper my parents black toy poodle. I think the babysitting is going to turn permanent tho as he doesn't seem to like his new digs at parents new highrise condo they just moved into downtown Burlington. soooo, after E threw up dirty Jazzy was in there eating it. GAWD. the smell was horrible I was near tears and almost threw up myself. Quite the scene.
I will leave you with that pleasant thought! Sweet dreams.

P.S E has said he wants to be a ghost for hallowe'en...any costume ideas? Besides the standard white sheet over kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwww. Sounds like a fun time....with the vomet comet I mean! Used to try and breathe through my mouth whenever I had to clean up after K or J. Remember K once threw up on her little doll (which had braided ragmop hair) Finally resorted to just dummping the head of the doll into the toilet to get stuff out of it.....YUUUKKKKK! Ran it threw the wash then....perfecto! Tried calling your Mom today when we arrived home from lake. No answer. Will call tomorrow. Poor Jasper....he will miss mommie. Lucky E.....he loves Jasper! Joshie would kill to have a dog....but K says not yet....not till they know how to keep a door closed around puppies.....too much chaos in her life right now with just 3 little ones! Jenn and Jai coming over tonight with two of our favorite boys.....for dinner and some fun. Love those little guys. By the way K went to get Mattie up after naptime last Th....heard him on the monitor. When she got there he was sitting in the middle of the rm playing with the waste basket!!! He is crawling and standing but not walking yet. Left us wondering....How'd he do that????!!! Reminded her that she had indded done the same thing only at 10 months! take care L, Auntie B

jennifer said...

YUCKO! I have done that plenty a time. E looks so content and happy in his picks. Jake will be excited to have a playmate. How is E doing with school? Jake started Preschool last week and loves it. It is 2 days a week for 21/2 hours. He learned all about the letter "A" last week, I guess we will see what "B" has in store for us! Take care, Jenn