Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanksgiving /Last Weekend at the cottage 2006







This past weekend was our (Canadian) Thanksgiving. The weather was gorgeous all weekend. 20c! E was with his dad from Tuesday till Sunday when he dropped him off at the cottage. So, had a bit of time to myself this week. E enjoyed rolling around in the leaves...Uncle Scott took us for the last boatride of the year. We did a bit of fishing off the boat and got a HUGE....................log. Scott is determined to catch a fish in our lake. Especially since our neighbours have caught many pretty big fish right off the end of their dock. I of course, got the hook stuck in my finger. Fisherman, I am not.
This friday E, Grammie and I are off to the motherland. Fly to Winnipeg and then drive down to ND to visit with my Grandma (Nanny Mitzi), Auntie Jeanne & Uncle Dick and then Auntie Bobbie (silver haired fox as my friend Rick calls her - Yes Rick, we will say a special hello to Auntie Bobbie for you!), Uncle Jon and my cousin Jennie, her husband Jai and their two boys J (4 days older than E) and baby M. We are very much looking forward to it - E will have fun with his cuzzies! and I will have fun at Target of course!! LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to you all heading this way. The pics of the lake are so pretty. I am afraid we missed the last beautiful wkend at the lake.....it was in the 80's and we were on a bsns trip to San Antonio....our old "stomping grounds". Jon graduated from med school there. E looks so tall. There will be a stark contrast between him and his cuzzie Jakie.....he is short but mighty! take care l, Auntie B